Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our Words

How do I live one entire day without talking to you?
I don’t know when I last did that. Maybe twenty-one months ago.
But afterwards, even when we could picture only the dimmest outline of each other’s faces,
We had each other’s words; we recognized each other by our voices.
That was all that existed: a voice.
A voice that stood for friendship, for understanding, for forgiveness, for hope.

Now I wake up each day with your face close to mine.
I start each day with a kiss or a caress.
I have the sight of you, the sound of your voice, your touch, your thoughts, your words,
To get me through the day.
Words through your voice, words on the computer, words on paper.
Words that have become so much a part of my life that they are less obtrusive than silence.

How do I bear the silence of this day?
How do I live through this day and hear your words again?

4 comments:

kaushik said...

Hey nice one...Keep it up

Anonymous said...

Tag on the next time he leaves!!

Regards,

Rupam Bezbarua

Site manager said...

Ahhhhh that was BEAUTIFUL!!!

phish said...

love as a drug can have the most bizarre effects on the chemistry of an individual. words are the most obvious by product. well-written ones the rarest.